A quick guide to the area’s must-see events this weekend:
Live at the Levee
With a sunny day in 70s expected on Sunday, it’s the perfect day for sitting — or dancing — on the levee during Winona’s free live music event Live At The Levee.
Head on down to the levee between 1 and 10 p.m. Sunday to check out nine hours worth of live music, a festival of food, craft beer, family-friendly activities and vendors. Music includes performances by Lissie, Nooky Jones, Brother’s Allmanac, Black Market Brass, Erik Koskinen and Gentleman’s Anti Temperance League, including a secondary stage for Winona acts. To check out the whole lineup, visit the Live at the Levee facebook event page.
MMAM’s Second Saturday
This month’s theme for the Minnesota Marine Art Museum’s Second Saturday event is “Intergenerational Day.”
Join the museum for a day of celebrating the connections between the generations with an intergenerational dance hosted by Kairos Alive, themed tours, art-making, live music and more.
Second Saturdays at MMAM feature $1 admission for special themed programming.
For this Second Saturday event there will also be the opportunity for a free ride on the Winona Transit bus to the museum with stops at Third and Center streets, Third and Mankato streets, the Winona State campus and Fifth and Pelzer.
'Lebanon, USA' photo exhibit
Back in 2016 during the presidential election, nationally known Lebanese photographer Fadi BouKaram spent five months on the road visiting and documenting towns in the United States that are called “Lebanon.” Now BouKaram is bringing that experience to Winona.
Come check out the opening reception of “Lebanon, USA Photo Exhibit” at 10 a.m. Saturday at the Outpost.
BouKaram has been featured in various news media such as CNN, Foreign Policy Magazine, and BBC. He is currently undertaking his second US road trip, including return visits to several Lebanons to plant “cedar of Lebanon” saplings as a gesture of unofficial diplomacy and cross-cultural goodwill.
This event is part of "The Cedar Tree Project."
Fit Box Fitness Challenge, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday at Island City Brewing. Includes using a variety of equipment including plyometrics, medicine balls, slam balls, conditioning circuits, barbell work, strongman challenges, and bodyweight movement
Great Dakota Gathering, all day Saturday and until 10:45 a.m. Sunday, Unity Park in Winona
- Cooking class with Blue Fruit Farm, 1 p.m. Saturday at Bluff Country Co-op
- New Moon Women’s Circle, 6 to 8 p.m. Sunday at Kinstone outside Fountain City
- Winona Symphony Orchestra Summer Social, 1 to 4 p.m. Sunday at Elmaro Vineyard
- Cake competition to benefit the Cochrane-Fountain City Backpack meal program, 4:30 p.m. Saturday at Suncrest Gardens Farm. Sign up to enter a chocolate cake dessert and have it judged. Pieces will be sold by donation after the judging.
- Artist Clyde Stutesman’s opening reception, 7 p.m. Saturday at Red Horse Gallery in Fountain City.
- Poses & pints yoga class, 10 a.m. Sunday at Ecker’s Apple Farm. Cost is $5 per person.
- Master Gardener plant sale, 8 a.m. Saturday at Windom Park
- TravAce, 5 to 8 p.m. Friday at Hei & Low
- Tim Lovas, 6 to 8 p.m. Friday at Acoustic Cafe
- Swing, Inc., 6 to 9 p.m. Friday at Signatures Restaurant
- Russ Parrish, 6 to 9 p.m. Friday at Island City Brewing
- Redemption Road, 8:30 p.m. Friday at Tavern 129
- Unity the Band, 9 p.m. Friday at Broken World Records in celebration of their 6th anniversary
- DJ Rhumpshaker and Eddy Baby, 9 p.m. Friday at Ed’s No Name Bar
- Emily Sonne, 6 to 8 p.m. Saturday at Acoustic Cafe
- Joel Ward, 6 to 9 p.m. Saturday at Island City Brewing
- Space Monkey Mafia, 9 p.m. Saturday at Broken World Records in celebration of their 6th anniversary
- Sleep Jesus, Halfloves, Treesreach, 9 p.m. Saturday at Ed’s No Name Bar
- Live at the Levee, 1 to 10 p.m. Sunday at Levee Park
- Greenfingers, 10 p.m. Sunday at Broken World Records in celebration of their 6th anniversary